Movers & Shakers: 7 Amazing Facts About Funke Bucknor-Obruthe
Funke Bucknor-Obruthe is one of the pioneers in the event planning industry in Nigeria and is still blazing the trail in the events industry. She is the MD/CEO of Zapphaire Events, a reputable event planning company.
Zapphaire Events is an event consultancy, marketing, planning and management company that constantly provides excellent services for all event needs. Zapphaire Events has been in existence for more than 10 years.
1. Funke was born on June 27th 1976. She is currently 43 years old.
2. Born to Mr Segun Bucknor and Mrs Sola Bucknor, She attended Fountain Nursery and Primary school, Nigeria Navy secondary school and then proceeded to University of Lagos where she studied Law. She also went to Nigerian Law School in Abuja where she was called to bar in year 2000.
3. Funke practised Law very briefly before she joined TIE Communications, an advertisement and PR agency. She set out to start Zapphaire Events after working with Tie Communication for a while.
4. She is happily married to her husband, Onome Obruthe , the union is blessed with two daughters
5. She is sister to the late OAP, Tosyn Bucknor.
6. Asides from Zapphaire events, she also owns Decor By Furtullah, another arm that oversees the lovely venue decorations and stage designs.
6. She is an author and vlogger, Her bestseller book, THE ESSENTIAL BRIDAL HANDBOOK is a bridal guide to achieving a perfect wedding. On Her Youtube channel Funke says, she shares practical tips and advice on wedding planning , setting wedding goals and having the wedding of your dreams.
7. Funke is a recipient of local and international awards.
Future Award for ‘Entrepreneur of the Year'(2006), the Wedding Planner Magazine Award for ‘Wedding Planner of the Year'(2007), Go2girl Life Achievement Awards (2011) and Nigerian Events Awards for Outstanding Contribution to the Events Industry (2012).
In 2014, Nigerian online magazine YNaija listed Bucknor-Obruthe in its “10 Most Powerful Under-40s in Business” and In 2016, she was listed in the BBC’s 100 Women series.